Passengers with reduced mobility
NordStar Airlines provides a range of additional services for passengers with reduced mobility, ensuring maximum comfort and assistance from our staff.
This section contains information that will help passengers with reduced mobility and sensory impairment to plan their trip on the flights of our Airline. For this purpose, we suggest to carefully read the mandatory rules and recommendations that will help us make your trip as comfortable and safe as possible.
When planning your flight, we recommend using the Check list, which will help you properly prepare for the journey.
Passengers with reduced mobility
Planning of a trip and booking of tickets
- We recommend you to consult with your doctor before making a decision to take a flight.
One shall at his own discretion determine the possibility of using air transport and health risks associated with it. It should be remembered that the Passenger, whose physical condition rises Carrier’s concerns about his health, is accepted for air transportation upon presentation of a certificate issued by the medical institution that carriage by air is not counter-indicative to him/her and, if necessary, that his/her illness is not dangerous for others.
The Carrier or its authorized agent shall have the right to demand from the passenger to fill in the «Declaration of Release of the Airline from Liability».
Please, pay attention to the cases, in which presence of the accompanying person who provides care for the passenger is obligatory:
- When carrying a passenger on stretchers, or when carrying a seriously ill passenger with the need for medical assistance during the flight.
- When carrying a passenger with vision and hearing disabilities at the same time.
- When carrying a passenger on a wheelchair, whose mobility while using air transport is limited and/or whose condition requires special assistance in servicing.
- For a disabled child under 12 years of age.
Carriage of a passenger declared legally incapable by court, with mental development disorder/intellectual deterioration, having difficulties in orientation in space, control of his/her behavior, understanding of instructions and recommendations of crew members and requiring constant supervision and care, is performed in the company of an adult passenger, who is able to ensure safety of the disabled passenger and safety of others.
- Persons with disabilities and physical dysfunctions are attended in priority to the others at NordStar Airlines sales offices and agent sales offices.
- When booking a ticket, please, inform the Airline sales office or the ticket sales agency at least 48 hours in advance about physical dysfunctions, special requests that may include the need to use special services or devices (for example, presence of the escort, guide dog, wheelchair, etc.), as well as dimensions and weight of a wheelchair in case you are going to take it with you.
- For passengers with reduced mobility, medical preparations, a folding chair (carriage) transported in the cabin and crutches are carried free of charge and are not included in the free luggage allowance. Electric wheelchair is transported on board of the aircraft as a common checked luggage.
- When carrying a visually impaired passenger accompanied by a guide dog, the dog is transported on board of the aircraft free of charge in the economy class cabin in excess of the established free luggage allowance. The guide dog shall have a collar and a muzzle and be tied to a chair at the feet of the passenger it accompanies.
Services at the airport
- We recommend arriving at the airport well in advance, at least 2 hours before the departure. This is especially important for unfamiliar airports. Please note that in Russia special rules for security control at the entrance to the air terminal building are applied. Execution of these rules takes extra time.
- Checking in of passengers with limited mobility for NordStar Airlines flights is performed in priority to the others.
- Accompanying persons are given a seat next to passengers with disabilities.
Please note that our flight attendants will not be able to provide services for lifting and moving the passenger, sanitary and hygienic procedures; feeding and administration of medicines; introduction of medicinal preparations; care for the guide dog.
For safety reasons, passengers with disabilities cannot be seated at the emergency exit and in places where emergency rescue equipment of the aircraft is located.
More detailed information about requirements and conditions for carriage of passengers with disabilities can be found in NordStar Airlines Rules of Passenger, Luggage and Cargo Air Service.
- • When planning the flight I consulted with the doctor and determined the possibility of using air transport and health risks associated with it.
- • When booking a ticket at least 48 hours before the departure I informed the Airline sales office or the ticket sales agency about physical dysfunctions, special requests that may include the need to use special services or devices (for example, presence of the escort, guide dog, wheelchair, etc.).
- • I provided the information about dimensions and weight of a wheelchair, if I’m going to take it with me.
- • When planning the trip, I checked what services are provided to passengers with limited mobility at the airport of departure and destination.
- • If I have not notified the Airline representatives in advance that I am taking a wheelchair with me, I will arrive at the airport well in advance, at least 2 hours before the departure.
- • I checked what restrictions exist concerning placement in the aircraft cabin and rendering of assistance by flight attendants on board.
- • I have read and understood the NordStar Airlines Rules of Air Service.