Frequently asked questions
What kinds of animals are allowed for transportation on the Airline flights?
In the aircraft cabin
Passengers travelling with their pets can use the option of transportation of animals (cats, dogs, birds) in the cabin of the aircraft, provided that:
- Size of the animal does not exceed the established norms (weight not more than 8 kg together with the cage).
- The animal is placed in a special container with free access for air and a secure lock. Sum of three dimensions (length + height + width) of the container (cage) shall not exceed 115 cm, while the height of the container (cage) shall not exceed 20 cm.
- The passenger has valid animal health documents (certificates) in his/her possession.
Number of animals allowed for transportation on board of one aircraft is limited by the rules of carriage, therefore the passenger must inform the Airline when buying the ticket of his/her intention to take a pet into the aircraft cabin.
In the luggage compartment of the aircraft
If your pet (together with the cage or container) weighs more than 8 kg, it can be transported in the luggage compartment. Rules for transportation of animals in the luggage compartment:
- The passenger shall have valid animal health documents (certificates).
- The animal is placed in a special container or cage, dimensions of which allow the animal to stand upright, turn around. Bottom of the cage or container must be solid, waterproof and covered with absorbent material. The bird cage shall be covered with a dense light-tight cloth.
The service for transportation of animals in the aircraft cabin or luggage compartment is paid at the excess luggage fare.